How Much Does It Cost To Install A Concrete Block Wall?
Block Wall Costs
In this guide,we take a look at the average cost of hiring professionals to install a concrete block wallas a perimeter fence, 350 feet x 6' tall block (2100 sq.ft. wall area).
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|1. Block wall: concreteblocks are assembled into a wall with mortar, reinforcing steel, and 2" thick cap; including waste and misc. material.||$3.57||per sq. ft.||2,250||$8,036|
|2. Footingwith #4 reinforcing bar steel including waste and misc. material.||$3.65||per foot||380||$1,387|
|3. Equipment: footing trencher and power cement mixer; including transport and fuel.||$0.96||per foot||350||$336|
|4. Labor: 285 hours to install the block wall and 18 hoursto install the footing.||$34||per hour||303||$10,302|
350 feet x 6' tall block
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Concreteblocks are 16" long x 8" tall x 6" wide and the footing is 18" wide x 8" deep.
- Be certain of property line location and local regulations regarding fence installation setback, and regarding concrete footing requirements.
- This example assumes perfectly even terrain; uneven terrain will increase the price.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- The concrete and block work may not be suitable for DIY.
- Partial DIY may be suitable for able DIY persons, saving that labor cost.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$98
- Bronx, NY$81
- Brooklyn, NY$67
- Philadelphia, PA$84
- Washington, DC$73
- Atlanta, GA$66
- Miami, FL$60
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$63
- Minneapolis, MN$73
- Chicago, IL$86
- Houston, TX$88
- San Antonio, TX$59
- Austin, TX$67
- Denver, CO$57
- Phoenix, AZ$60
- Las Vegas, NV$66
- Los Angeles, CA$74
- San Diego, CA$67
- San Jose, CA$81
- Seattle, WA$59
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: