How Much Does It Cost To Clean A Carpet?
Carpet Cleaning Costs
Regular carpet cleaning is advised for anyone who has carpets installed in their home. This will help remove more dirt and debris from the fibers than regular vacuuming and can prevent the buildup of dust, dander, and other contaminants. Having carpets professionally steam cleaned should be done at least once or twice per year.
The cost of carpet cleaning services varies significantly depending on the number and sizes of the rooms being cleaned, as well as the cleaning methods and equipment used. Other factors affecting cost include local labor rates, availability, and additional required services (such as spot removal, water damage restoration, or other cleaning services).
Carpet cleaning: by service and cleaning method.
|Steam carpet cleaning: room rate||$30-75 per room|
|Steam carpet leaning: square footage rate||$100-$250 per 1,000 sq.ft.|
|ChemDry||$140 per application|
|Stanley Steemer||$135 per application|
|Chem Clean||$120 per application|
Other considerations and costs
- Carpet cleaning jobs may be priced by room, by the house (if doing the entire home), or on a square footage basis. Make sure that you are familiar with the method used when comparing your cost estimates.
- The size of your home may impact what you pay when charged on a per-room basis. For example, a flat room rate that is a good deal for a larger room might not be as good of a value in a room that is half that size.
- Room sizing usually includes a cap, which means that extra-large rooms may be charged as two “rooms” for the purpose of billing, based on square footage.
- Dry carpet cleaning utilizes less water and requires less drying time, but it doesn’t get as much dirt and reach as deep into the fibers as other cleaning methods.
- All services should include a “level of cleanliness” guarantee, no matter which professional service you choose to use.
- Depending on how frequently your carpets need to be cleaned, you may be able to invest in a residential carpet cleaner that you can use to keep your own floors clean. These machines do not work as well as professional equipment, but they can provide spot cleaning between services.
- You can also rent carpet cleaning equipment from many local retailers, including your local home improvement store. This equipment may be effective, but again, it is not as powerful as a commercial machine.
- Carpet cleaning is a DIY job that just about anyone can handle. However, there are some cases where it is worth paying for professional cleaning.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$80
- Bronx, NY$66
- Brooklyn, NY$55
- Philadelphia, PA$69
- Washington, DC$60
- Atlanta, GA$54
- Miami, FL$49
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$51
- Minneapolis, MN$60
- Chicago, IL$70
- Houston, TX$72
- San Antonio, TX$49
- Austin, TX$55
- Denver, CO$46
- Phoenix, AZ$49
- Las Vegas, NV$54
- Los Angeles, CA$61
- San Diego, CA$55
- San Jose, CA$66
- Seattle, WA$49
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: